Thursday, October 22, 2009

Juvenile Females + Adult Males Released from Federal Prison = ???

Very Interesting & Potentially Volatile Situation - Crimes in the Making...
Wednesday, October 28th is a Wilkinsburg Zoning Hearing meeting that everyone should try to attend. It will be a meeting to learn about what Abraxas Cornell wants to do with its facility at Penn and Trenton. They would like to house female juveniles with adult males who are being released from federal prison. I am not sure how they plan to do it, but it is about funding streams for them. It is important for many residents to show up at this meeting. I believe this meeting starts at 6:30 or 7:00.

I received the above e-mail and as a resident of Wilkinsburg, am very concerned with WHY an organization would want to house juvenile females with adult mailes released from federal prison. What are your thoughts on this???

2 comments:

  1. That is by far the worst idea anybody could come up with to save money. That's asking for all kinds of sexual assault to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I will post any additional outcomes that I hear about.

    ReplyDelete